October Camp in a Chalet: A Multi-Sport Adventure in the MountainsRejoignez-nous pour un camp excitant d’une semaine dans les magnifiques montagnes du Vaud à Gryon
Immerse yourself in a week of exceptional adventure in the heart of the majestic mountains of Vaud in Gryon. Our Mountain Adventure Camp is designed for young people aged 9 to 16 in search of discoveries and thrills. Imagine yourself living days filled with emotions in the middle of breathtaking alpine landscapes. From hiking, to rock climbing, to thrilling team games, every moment will be an opportunity to grow, laugh, and forge lasting friendships. Nestled in a charming mountain chalet, we offer much more than just an adventure. It’s an immersion into the beauty of the Alpine autumn, where challenges become achievements, and memories bloom like the golden leaves of the trees. Be part of this unforgettable experience where the adrenaline of mountain sports mixes with team spirit, camaraderie and self-discovery. Join us for a week that will remain etched in your memories and let the mountains of Valais reveal their autumn magic to you.
Details & Program
Cliquez sur les différentes options pour voir toutes les infos!
Why should I attend this camp?
While we see and explore fun activities, we will focus on developing independence, self-reliance, and problem-solving skills.
Yet, another reason for the uniqueness of this camp program is its beginner-friendly approach. As you travel through breathtaking landscapes, explore new territories, and challenge yourself physically and mentally, you’ll find that you’re growing in ways you never thought possible. You will develop self-confidence and self-esteem by taking on new challenges and overcoming obstacles. You will develop a deep appreciation for nature and gain a new perspective on life. Other highlights:
- Experienced Instructors: Our qualified instructors prioritize safety while ensuring you have an amazing experience.
- Diverse Activities: From outdoor adventures to team-building games, our diverse program ensures there’s something for everyone.
- Friendships: Connect with other campers by participating in shared activities and experiences.
- Memories: Create unforgettable memories in the breathtaking setting of the autumn beauty of Valais.
The camp takes place in one week: 22.10.23 – 29.10.23 FOR 9 – 16 YEAR OLDS.
With the help of our local sponsors we are able to provide a discounted price to all Swiss nationals: Swiss national: The price of a 1-week session is 670 chf. International participant: The price of a 1-week session is 1180 chf. This includes all of the participant’s expenses during the camp period, i.e. any public or private transportation during the camp, food, accommodation costs, and any common group equipment (tents and any other equipment related to the activities, harnesses and climbing equipment). Not included: transportation to and from the meeting point and any personal equipment (sleeping bag (contact us if you need it), clothing and other personal expenses). We offer a 20% discount to all participants who come with sisters, brothers and friends who have already registered.
Ages & Languages
We offer this camp for 9 – 16 year olds (itinerary and activities adapted to needs). In addition, we have enthusiastic 17-19 year olds participating to help manage the camp tasks, in case you want to come as a helper, please contact us at email@example.com. We believe in bringing together an international community, which is why the languages spoken at the camp are French and English, which is what we have seen from our past experience and the huge benefit of mixing Francophones and Anglophones and learning from both groups.
Itinerary and activities
Day 1: Arrival and Orientation of the Camp
– Welcome to the camp! Get to know your fellow adventurers and our team.
– Camp orientation and safety briefing.
– Exciting icebreaker activities and games.
Day 2: Hiking and Nature Exploration
– Guided hike through the picturesque trails of Valais.
– Nature observation and team challenges.
– Evening campfire and storytelling session.
Day 3: Climbing Adventure
– Exciting climbing adventure with experienced instructors.
– Learn climbing techniques and overcome rocky challenges.
– Evening team games and relaxing around the campfire.
Day 4: Mountain Bike Tour & Team Challenges
– ATV tour, navigate through the trails.
– Participate in team-building challenges and games.
– Relaxing evenings and group activities.
Day 5 : Canyoning excursion
– Adrenaline canyoning experience with professional guides.
– Exploration of natural water formations and abseiling along waterfalls.
– Campfire in the evening and sharing of experiences.
Day 6: Adventure Relay Race
– Team relay race with various adventure challenges.
– Test your skills in a fun and competitive environment.
– Celebration ceremony and awards ceremony around the campfire.
Day 7: Scenic Exploration & Farewell
– Guided nature walk to appreciate the beauty of autumn.
– Group reflections and sharing of camp experiences.
– Farewell ceremony, presentation of certificates and warm gathering around the campfire.
This daily schedule is subject to change depending on weather conditions and group dynamics. The safety of our campers is our top priority, and adjustments can be made to ensure everyone’s well-being and enjoyment.
What physical condition should I be in?
Since we will be participating in different outdoor activities throughout the trip, our students must have a minimum of physical fitness to participate in the camp. But in our experience, this is the case for 95% of young people between 9 and 16 years old! In the months leading up to your trip, we recommend that you participate in physical activity at least once a week if you are not already doing so. Contact us if in doubt, we will be happy to guide you to the best camp.
What equipment should I bring?
- Sleeping bag.
- Favorite Snacks
- Diapers for 4 days and 3 nights
- Hiking boots
- Reusable water bottle
- Several swimsuits and sunscreen
- Towels (Shower & Beach)
- Multiple sets of socks and underwear
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, deodorant, shampoo, etc.)
- T-shirts, shorts, pants and long-sleeved shirt
- A slice of house (photos, notes, stuffed animals, etc.)
*Note: A more detailed packing list will be emailed one week prior to camp*
Learning outcomes from this trip:
- Leadership & Teamwork
- Outdoor Survival & Camping Skills
- First Aid and Emergency Preparedness
- Environmental Awareness and Conservation
- Personal Values and Ethical Decision-Making
- Cultural understanding and respect for diversity
- Fitness & Healthy Habits
- Citizenship and Community Service
- The ultimate goal is to help our participants become responsible and well-rounded individuals, ready to make a positive impact in the world.
What if I don't know anyone else?
Most of our students come to Young Explorers Club without knowing anyone before their trip. You’ll start making friends as soon as you arrive at the airport (and our instructors will be there to help). Once the journey is over, you won’t want to leave your new community! Most of our students remain friends long after their summer is over. We firmly believe that life is about having new experiences and making the most of every moment. However, we also recognize that the most meaningful experiences often require stepping out of our comfort zones and venturing away from familiar surroundings. When we do this, we find ourselves in unfamiliar and challenging environments, which forces us to fully engage with our surroundings and truly live in the moment. These new places and situations often bring new perspectives and can inspire us to continue seeking out new experiences that push us to grow and broaden our horizons.
What are the other students like?
The teenagers who come to the Young Explorers Club are kind, welcoming, eager to learn and come from all over Switzerland, France, USA and elsewhere. Our groups are full of positive young adults who will work well with each other. Young Explorers Club places a strong emphasis on group dynamics and creating a supportive social environment, and our students reflect this.
Safety: Is this camp safe?
Do you have any other questions?
We believe in human-to-human interaction: write to us via our contact methods (https://youngexplorersclub.ch/contact/) and schedule a call or meeting with one of our employees. We will be happy to answer any doubts or questions you may have. Or find the list of all frequently asked questions on FAQs.
Preliminary Registration Form (free of charge):
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive more information and a souvenir in pictures of the 2021 camps.
Preliminary Registration Form: